Skip to main content

Meeting My Muse

SEPTEMBER 3.

It is late Thursday afternoon. The chairs are empty and the hills are quiet. I like this familiar space I had once lived in- breathing words to life, one day at a time. 

He sits across me today. On this warm afternoon. We are meeting for the first time. In a room lit by sunlight. Traces of a working day still visible. And his energy for life, infectious. 

I instantly think of happiness. It seeps into my being. Like the sweetness of Autumn flowers that fill the season. The blossoms may fade- like everything else- but they always live their time, leaving a lasting impact.

It's odd that I am sitting here with you, thinking of life as the most precious thing. And in between words that sum up our pasts, it feels like home - just as they say, home is people, not a place. 

I relish the tea, the talks, the laughter- this very moment, sparking with inspiration. 

Then I knew I have met my Muse. The one, who opened up a whole new world of books, for me. And now I see a world of infinite possibilities. All my little dreams gleaming; possibly taking a new flight.  

Every breath, colour, and emotion; they carry the spark you have ignited since. Because of you, I love words even more. Now.

Everything I can see or imagine- the azure blue sky, the trees swayed by mild winds, the misty mountains, the fields far away, the pretty sunsets, the sweetness of rain, the lush green earth, the splendor of the moon, the kindness of a stranger, the innocence of a child, the loneliness of a man; or perhaps a home of a loving family in the meadows. The dream of a young girl, or of stars that light up the winter sky; and several other imaginations that  don't find mention here- my Muse inspires me to put words to things. Beautiful (or sometimes intricate) things that exist in this world.    

I am smitten. As fallen leaves are, by the last rays of the sun. And quite frankly, there's  nothing else I'd rather be doing. Than to exist here. With my Muse. Reveling in life. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never forget your roots

Some of you might have come across the tipping story of the world’s richest man who astonished a waiter with his reply. It is said that when Bill Gates tipped the waiter who served him in a restaurant with a 5$, the waiter had a strange feeling in his face. After Gates realized and asked what happened, the Waiter said, “I'm just amazed because on the same table your son gave a tip Of 500$, and you his father, the richest man in the world gave only 5$.” Gate’s reply to this, which goes, "He is the son of the world's richest man, but I am the son of a wood cutter. Never forget your past!" forms the essence of roots that I wish to talk about. I found this story inspirational. It is hard to remain grounded after we become somebody. When a little achievement, some wealth and fame greet you, it is easy to leave behind your roots as though it has nothing to do with your life. Not to talk of becoming very powerful, extraordinary people, but even in our ordinary circums

Mothers at Home, Professionals at Work

Working Mothers have changed the dynamics of family, today. The tradition of women who naturally become housewives after marriage is now, a story of the past. With more and more educated and career-driven women emerging, the modern society is witness to supermoms who are equally capable professionals in their areas of expertise. But this new look of the modern day mother, hasn’t changed one bit, the special qualities that naturally seem to run in mothers since time immemorial. Mothers, we know have overwhelmed us with their patience, devotion, affection, endurance and extraordinary love. In addition to that, in today’s context, they are one of the bread-earners (or sometimes, the sole bread-earner) in the family. But make no mistake, it only means that the modern day, working mothers have more roles to play. On Mother’s Day, we picked some of the working supermoms, whose greatest joys do not necessarily come from what they have achieved in their careers, as one may also assume, b